Thursday, 11 February 2010

READ ME!?


This is the final outcome for 3rd and final brief in Typographic Studies. The brief was to take one of three articles (The Crystal Goblet by Beatrice Warde, Gothic Horror by Steven Heller or Read Me! by Lucienne Roberts), and produce a 4 page spread representative of that article. I originally chose Gothic Horror but after a short amount of experimentation found it boring and unenjoyable, so switched to Read Me! which I found a much more interesting article. After much experimentation above is my final design. The main idea is the blue punctuation represents the the text as a whole, which should flow, like water. Overall I was pleased with how it turned out and feel I was fairly successful in what I was trying to achieve.

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh I like mate! well done, can't believe didn't see it till now!

    ReplyDelete