Wednesday, 17 March 2010

So I cut some glass yeah...


...and made some pretty windows!?! Well technically they are part of a book cover for the Art Nouveau project I am currently doing. A more detailed post will follow soon when the project is over, but the basic idea is the class was split into design teams focused on different art movements, I am part of the Art Nouveau team. The designs for this glass are inspired heavily by Charles Rennie Mackintosh. The designs were created in Illustrator, printed actual size to act as a stencil for the glass and then also to help reassemble the jigsaw of glass pieces. Although the process was frustrating and tedious at times I really enjoyed learning the new skill and creating something with my hands. More pictures to follow.



No comments:

Post a Comment